I missed me some sugar coated groundnuts- groundnut sweets as we call it in Cameroon. I decided to make some. Hope someone finds this very easy recipe useful. Enjoy!!!
- Preparation time……5 mins
- cooking time………….30-45mins
- serves …………………8-10
- 1kg of groundnut
- 100g granulated sugar
- Half cup of water
- Cinnamon of vanilla as flavour (will do fine without)
- Fry the groundnuts or bake them for about 15mins at a temp of 180 degrees Celsius. Turn the gnuts in the oven from time to time to make sure they do not get burnt.
- Boil water and add sugar . Stir until sugar is well dissolved.
- Add groundnuts and flavour and stir until the water gets dry.
- As soon as the water is dry take the pot off the fire or the sugar starts to caramelize. Pour into a flat tray for it to get cold.
- Store in an air-tight container